Temporary Works and Bridge Erection
At Cass Hayward we are bridge designers with extensive specialist experience in the temporary works design associated with the installation of bridges. Long term associations with major Contractors and bridge steelwork companies have led to our regular involvement in bridge erection and demolition schemes involving typically:
- Method-led bridge designs in which the strength, form and details of the bridge are conceived and proportioned to suit the method of installation
- Design of temporary bridges
- Scheme designs for installations using heavy duty cranes, transporters, sliding, launching, rolling and strand jacking.
- Scheme designs for demolition
- Design and checking of temporary lifting towers, gantries and transfer decks.
- Design of jacking schemes for replacement of bearings
- Design and detailing of temporary restraint systems – bracings, guides, struts/ties etc.
- Design and checking of tower crane bases, outrigger mats and piling platforms
- Design and checking of stability of partially constructed / demolished structures